Who are you?
A veteran IT trade press reporter and editor, mostly recently technology editor at Computerworld, with wide experience describing how organizations use technology to help the bottom line. Since 2000 I have been an independent marketing writer helping clients ranging from Microsoft to Oracle, AT&T, Cognizant and Dell translate technical jargon into business benefits.
What do you do?
Working with your internal subject matter experts, I produce clear, compelling and concise:
- White papers
- Case studies
- Web copy
- Blog posts
- Email campaigns
- Articles for submission to trade publications.
- Scripts for podcasts, Webinars and promotional videos.
- Responses to RFPs.
- Educational material to help your sales force explain your offerings to customers.
- Edits to existing content product by your staff.
In which areas do you specialize?
- Software testing
- Enterprise architecture
- IT management
- Big Data
- Global services/outsourcing
- Use of IT in financial services, health care, telecom
What’s your work process?
Drawing on my years of trade press experience, I “interview” your internal experts and/or customers to get a clear and complete understanding of what you provide and what differentiates you from competitors. I then produce a detailed outline of the content so we can make any needed “course adjustments” and then move quickly to a first draft and as many revisions it takes to satisfy you. I also provide suggestions for illustrations and diagrams, but not the finished artwork.
How quickly can you complete my project?
Typically, about three to four weeks. I deliver a detailed outline within five working days of receiving all required input from your staff and/or your customers. Next is a first draft within five working days of receiving all feedback on the outline, and a second draft within five working days of receiving all input on the first draft. If required, I can drastically slash this timeframe for rush needs.
What are your rates?
$1.40/word for original content, $110/hour for editing existing content or for development of videos or other content where per word pricing does not accurately reflect the required effort.
Why should I hire you?
- Superior writing and editing skills.
- Deep and timely experience writing about virtually every IT product or service.
- The experience and knowledge to ask insightful questions that uncover your true differentiation in the market.
- A fierce commitment to meeting deadlines, overcoming obstacles and doing whatever it takes to make you satisfied.
- The ability to “tune” my writing to any audience, from help desk geek to CIO.
Where can I see recent examples of your work?
Who are your “associates?”
Other veteran trade press journalists who can take on projects I don’t have time for, illustrators to make your graphic ideas sing, researchers who can comb the Web for background, survey houses to ping the market for insights, copyeditors for a final quality check and project managers who keep everything on track. We even provide printing (yes, printing) services.
How do I get started?
Call 508 725-7258 or drop me an email.